George E. Cawthon

mp wrote:
All you have to do is say they refuse to work with you and you can get
the amount charged back to your card. It's simple.

Nope. They didn't refuse. They were very cooperative just incompetent
about returning all the money. Three packages, money for one was returned
in two weeks, the rest dribbled. Do you suppose that it was because they
were Dell?

I believe he was referring to the credit card company, not the vendor.

He meant for me to tell the credit card company that the
vendor (Dell)refused to cooperate and the credit card
company would credit the amount. Nothing about that is
true! In the first place Dell was cooperating, just very
slow, and in the second place the credit card company
wouldn't get involved until I had exhausted all effort with
the vendor. So, I had a large charge on my card and was
told that I didn't have to pay it until the issue was
resolved (even says that in the fine print), but I didn't
believe that so I paid it. Later I found out that if I had
not payed it, I would have been charged late fees and
interest even if Dell did give me credit. Over a 4 month
period that would have amounted to a considerable amout
(especially since late fee charges are about $25 each month)
plus the interest rate would go up because of the late fee,
etc., etc. Resolution and getting you money back is not
always a simple matter.