Martin H. Eastburn

Dave Hinz wrote:

On 12 Jan 2005 09:26:51 -0800, jim rozen wrote:

In article .com,
Too_Many_Tools says...

Whether or not a cell phone driver wants to admit it, driving while
using a cell phone is an accident waiting to happen.

It's funny but nobody ever comes down on the *other* side
of this issue. Nobody ever posts, "yeah, I talk on the
phone all the time and it never causes a problem, you guys
are just nuts."

I use the phone in my car on occasion, and I'd like to think
that it hasn't caused any problems. Is that close enough?
I work in IT, and when the phone rings, I have to answer it,
because that's part of what my salary pays for.

I suspect that even folks who do it, realize the trouble they
are setting themselves up for. Further I bet that even the
folks who do use phones while driving, without causing
crashes, are still infuriated by the 90 percent of the
phone users who really are morons and poor drivers.

Yes. A bad driver is a bad driver with or without a cellphone.

And just when these nay sayers get the phones out of the cars, a
major smear occurs and needs a call for help.

I have my wife take hers - I got one just for this - have it
so when she gets a flat or out of gas or gets run into - she can
call AAA, Me, Her work people, who she wants or needs.
One never knows when one will be over the edge on a curve or just
in a bad spot were there isn't a phone or periodic patrol.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer