George E. Cawthon

Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..

Roger Shoaf writes:

Open the door partway so the lower section of the

* track *

can be

unbolted and then you can probably flex the door enough to slip out
the old one and slip in the new one.

That is FOOLISH DEATH-WISH ADVICE. Follow it at your peril. Sectional
doors cannot be safely disassembled by the casual do-it-yourselfer.

First off I said nothing about disassembling the door, I suggested it migh
tbe possable to remove the lower section of *track* so the gasket could be
slipped into a grove at teh bottom of the door.

Doing this the door would be mostly up supported by the track still in
place. The only reason I suggested removing the lower section of *track*
was to get a little wiggle room to replace the gasket.

I did however assume that the OP was refering to the bottom gasket.

If how ever it was the gasket between the lower panel and the next one up,
that would probably be easier to replace. This gasket should be accesable
by opening the door untill the lower section is at its highest vertical
point and the next section is angled back. I would then strip off the old
gasket and clean the top of the lower section or the bottom of the upper
section and use an appropriate peal and stick foam seal.

Now please explain to me why you claim my suggestion is a foolish death
wish?

It isn't foolish and it isn't unsafe but you need to block
the door in position. A better way might be to remove the
two lower wheels so that the panel could swing down when the
door is up or inward when the panel is vertical.