HeatMan

Thanks, Geo.

"geoman" wrote in message

"Bubba" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:39:59 -0500, "HeatMan"
wrote:

"Sennin" wrote in message
groups.com...
venturi effect? What is that?

I don't know last service. I moved in 2 years ago. I had a home
inspection done and it seemed ok.

Despite what Bubba thinks, there is a Venturi effect. While I'd suggest

google search, I'll try.

The naturally dusty air in your house will be moving around by air
currents.
These currents will take the dusty air and blow it harder near the

vents.
This may cause the dust to become attached to the registers and the

nearby
walls.

An annual servicing and cleaning, if necessary, is a good idea.

HeatMan,
Read what you are typing. You are explain the snake oil bull****.
While there is a word Venturi, and it is an actual and real effect,
the way you are explaining it and applying it to a heating system is
boloney. Surely you can come up with a better explaination than that.
Bubba :-)

I hate to jump into such a good argument, but the Venturi effect ( a
better term is aspiration") is real around registers and ducts. It is
covered in RSES heating courses and ASHRAE. Some call it "aspiration" ""

drawing of something in, out, up, or through by or as if by suction:""

I have seen systems that use hepa filters and the ducts are spotless but
around the discharge register on the ceiling there are patterns of dust

with
discoloration. What happens is the register blows and mix's with the air

by
actually 'aspirating' the room air with supply air.

Okay, so I wasn't using the correct term.
Rich