TURTLE

"patliz1" wrote in message
oups.com...
After doing a lot of troubleshooting like clearing the condensate trap
(water was getting in the pressure switch line), changed the ifc board
last year, changing the igniter, fixing a faulting ground to the
furnace switch (electrician did not ground it properly) replaced the
thermostat (old one had corroded contacts and a lot of drywall dust,
checking the voltage across the pressure switch (it's working) and now
changing the blower speed leads (The high speed was not working
right-causing the furnace to overheat and shutdown--so I changed it to
med hi--much better so far)and soon I'll be changing some of the tubing
to the condensate trap the questions now a

can I replace just the motor for the blower if that is the cause of the
hi speed not to work or just leave it alone or is there somoething else
I can check to see like the capicitor (and how to check it)

how do you tell if the inducer isn't working properly it does make a
little noisy sound--not quite right

Is there anything else to check on the condensate trap and/or the port
where the tube from the condensate trap goes to on the main unit. What
should inside the port look like when one takes off the tube.

The furnace is 12 years old and for the most part has worked fairly
well until recently, but we have had a lot of remodling going on and I
would like to get at least another year or 2 out of this furnace before
I replace it with a new one.

Thanks

This is Turtle.

It would be nice to see the full model number and and serial number to look up
the spect sheets for it with and also describe what make you think the fan motor
was bad for it not moving evough of air to not go down on high time.

TURTLE