Sexytom976

The use of PVC inside walls is basically illegal.
You are NOT suppose to use it inside for 2 reasons.
1 is that wires can get hot, hot wires inside a plastic
conduit sounds like a good way to kill yourself
from fumes if there is a fire (caused by electric)

Its only used OUTSIDE and underground. (PVC = No Rust)

Metal conduit would just be too much of pain in the ass
for in walls installation. Romex would be the cheapest route
but just remember to follow romex guidelines. (it can
be left exposed ONLY on the ceiling)

BX cable might be a better choice for you. Its a pain to
work with (actually I prefer it to romex) but it shielded
and can be run just about anywhere.

If you decide to use conduit, just remember that you are
NOT suppose to run romex or bx THROUGH conduit. This IS
against the NEC code! (also a waste of space)
You run single wires through it. (thats why PVC is NOT good
for inside work)

Tom

PVR wrote:
I am finishing my basement. This will include some wiring. Are the

three
kinds of conduit (PVC, standard metal and thin metal) considered to

be
interchangeable? I am using 2" foamboard onto poured concrete covered

by
1/2" drywall. The conduit will be attached to the concrete before the
foamboard is installed.

Peter.