SteveB

"Howie" wrote

That's a good point, we have lived this long with no range hood at all.
Maybe a interior venting would be just fine... what do you guys think?

I think that having no range hood at all lets a lot of steam and oil go all
over into the inside of the house, coating walls, ceilings, carpets,
furniture, etc.

I HAVE used a microwave for years without exterior venting, but don't cook
in it long enough to make smoke. (Except for the time I set the bag of
popcorn on fire.)

I don't like a microwave above a range because that is where all the steam
and smoke from the range goes, and it is a short time until the microwave is
gunky, even with an exterior vent.

Just MHO, YMMV

Steve