Gazza

Steve wrote:

Gazza wrote:

Hi,

I sometimes record radio shows onto video cassette with my VHS VCR,
enjoying the benefits of being able to record at a pre-programmed time
and the long,
continuous recording time that that brings. I record onto the audio
tracks from a SCART patch cable hooked into the headphones socket of a
radio, and, although the VCR is not Hi-Fi stereo, the results sound fine
to me (and I
only tend to record documentaries anyway). I was wondering if and how I
could record audio onto the video tracks as surely this would make for
much better audio (given a high-quality audio source, of course) and
would be
better for music shows. I had a look on the web but couldn't find
anything except mainly for a site about Betamax recorders where a 'Sony
PCM add-on'
was used. I have only a little knowledge of these things and would love
to hear from anyone about my problem.

Thanks a lot.

Yours,
Gary Hayward.

Gary,
I would ditch the VCR idea entirely.

Presumably, you've proven you have a computer since you are on this
group. Does it have a sound card?

Free Windows softwa http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net

I use it & recommend it.

You can dump to a wave file with this program, and the length of
time you can record is limited only by your hard drive. You
can record for days and days for less than a Gig of space. (I
sample at 11 KHz for voice programs. Of course if you want
real fidelity, you can consume disk space much, much faster.)

Oops, I see your header says you are using Knode, (me too!) The
Winders software is likely of interest to others, so I'll leave
it.

So, For Linux:

If you are partial to KDE:
http://software.jodda.de

Or...

http://www.taolab.it/opensource/flrec/index_en.htm

This one has a scheduler..
http://www.redfelineninja.dsl.pipex....are/pydar.html

Or go to http://freshmeat.net and search for "audio recorder".

Sorry, I haven't tried any of these Linux programs. Hmmm, maybe I
will now...

Thanks, Steve

Hi,

Thanks for the recommendations. I have Windows '98 on one of my boxes
and have used GoldWave and N-Track Studio (these aren't expensive but aren't
free either, but they seem okay from what use I've made of them). I like
Audacity under Mandrake but I haven't been able to find find any plug-ins
for it from anywhere. I use an M-Audio Delta 1010 LT audio interface and a
Behringer 1832FX-Pro analogue mixing desk.

Yours,
Gary Hayward.