Maxprop

"robo hippy" wrote in message

I have talked to Jet a couple of times about their motor being on
backwards, and they don't care. When I do a natural edge bowl, I make a
flat spot on top (forstner bit and depth stop on the drill press) and
then put a face plate on. The motor is in the way, unless the bowl is
small. As long as nothing extends over the faceplate, you can turn as
big as the lathe can handle.

Solution: I purchased a 1x8--to--1 1/4x8 adaptor to enable using a chuck
with the larger thread diameter. Now everything clears the motor, and I've
incurred no additional vibration of any sort. I got rid of my 1x8
faceplates and only use 1 1/4x8 plates now.

The intake of the motor will pull in dust
while turning, not just while sanding. Other than that, it is a good
lathe.

Solution: I put an old nylon stocking--a wifely discard--over the motor
grill and so far no dust buildup in the motor at all. I blow the stocking
"filter" off every few hours with high pressure air. Work like a charm.

Max