Maxprop

"ebd" wrote in message

The range on the 3K is more than needed and belt drive doesn't
suffer from low speed torque problems of electronic VS nor the noise
adjustment & cleaning problems of a Reeves drive.

I've heard this claim many times, but am puzzled by it. What sort of
cleaning and adjustment problems have you incurred with a Reeves drive?
I've turned about 150 hours on my Jet 1442 and so far no problems of any
sort. I did replace the belt early on with a segmented belt for the sole
purpose of smoothness, but beyond that I've had not problem one.

Max