Glenn

Actually it is quite common and required to transmit blind. Uncontrolled
airports use Unicom frequencies and you announce your intentions to the wide
open spaces incase somebody else has intentions of being where you plan to
go and you just haven't spotted each other. But you usually have a headset
and a button on the yoke for PTT and sometimes even freqencies .. comm/nav
etc. For commercial flights you have two people driving. All that aside I
think people should either hang up and drive or pull over and talk.
Glenn

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On 12 Jan 2005 13:33:01 -0800, wrote:

SNIP"!!!!!!!!!!!an asset to aid him in coordinating his plane??????????"
ROFLMAO...... You're kidding, right?

No. What's so funny. Isn't the purpose of radio comms to communicate
to the tower? and other planes. IE. Yes I am here. Yes I intend to
do this. Yes, my flight plan is this. Etc, etc.

JW

Let's just say that if you are talking on the radio, chances are you
are being directed where to go and at what altitude... flight
plan.... sort of like.. the phone rings and somebody changes all of
your plans....

otherwise, you might be transmitting in the blind, announcing your
position and *hoping* that somebody is listening...
--

..