RogerN

"Errol Groff" wrote in message

The reason I'm asking is because I have 4.5 acres but it is all
frontage.

And what do you farm on 4.5 acres that is all frontage? Spaghetti?

Your property sound like it is six miles long and two inches wide.

The property is triangle shaped and probably at least 6 times as long as it
is deep at the deepest point. There is a road approximately half way
through my property. I would guess that I have approximately 1.5 acres on
the house side of the road and 3 acres on the barnyard side. I'm not
farming anything but I have dug a small pond and stocked it. Anyway, the
length of the property can potentially give me a descent shooting range
unless I have to be farther from the road than my property is deep.

The neighbor that says I'm not supposed to shoot here, because I'm not 500
feet from the road, was complaining that my shooting spooks their horses and
makes their dogs bark. I bought this property, dug my pond, piled dirt for
a shooting backstop, and shot all summer before they built their house and
moved their dogs and horses in. Before they ever complained, I shot and
watched the horses to see if it was spooking them, they didn't seem to be
bothered by it.

Now I'm trying to move my shooting area to the other end of my property but
it is the end that comes to the point of the triangle, putting me closer to
the road.

I want to get along with the neighbors and don't want to spook their horses,
but I moved from city limits so that I could do the things you can't do in
city limits. I had my "shooting range" before they ever began building or
moving their horses in the area. I've cut back shooting in my barnyard area
partly because of winter and partly because of their horses being so close.

Should horses be spooked by gunfire? John Wayne would be ashamed! :-)