Bob Mannix

"Markus Splenius" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:20:17 -0000, "Bob Mannix"
wrote:

I did some quick rough calculations and came up with a figure of roughly
10mm depth for 10 litres (8-11 litres depending on the bath). This makes
~270mm depth to overflow for G's bath, which seems about right.

80-120litres
would be ~80-120mm deep (before you get in). I would normally run a bath

to,
say, 200mm deep and it would then reach the overflow when I got in

(making
me about 70litres (middle age spread)). I would agree that ~200litres was
required for a "good" bath, 150litres if you are in a hurry.

If you are going to hurry over a bath, you might as well just have a
shower.

This is true.

Of course, one has to take into account the hot water temperature as you

can
run cold at the same time as the hot is flowing, which boosts the overall
fill rate. Say 30%cold 70% hot, that's 140litres hot for a "good" bath.

at
18l/min that would be 7-8min.

All rough figures of course and YMMV, but 7-8min is a long time to wait,
unless you go off and do something else (but liveable with I suppose).
Emprical observations (from no combi at home (3-4min) and using decent

combi
away on holiday) would seem to confirm these figures.

You want your combi to honk at you when your bath is ready?

Well, I haven't got a combi, and am quite happy not having one, so no.

How about a single push button to fill a bath and switch off when
full? :-)

Ah, now we are back OT - I see a mains relay, bare wires dangling in the
bath. Just right for the dull days of February.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)