Sam Goldwasser

Gazza writes:

Hi,

I sometimes record radio shows onto video cassette with my VHS VCR, enjoying
the benefits of being able to record at a pre-programmed time and the long,
continuous recording time that that brings. I record onto the audio tracks
from a SCART patch cable hooked into the headphones socket of a radio, and,
although the VCR is not Hi-Fi stereo, the results sound fine to me (and I
only tend to record documentaries anyway). I was wondering if and how I
could record audio onto the video tracks as surely this would make for much
better audio (given a high-quality audio source, of course) and would be
better for music shows. I had a look on the web but couldn't find anything
except mainly for a site about Betamax recorders where a 'Sony PCM add-on'
was used. I have only a little knowledge of these things and would love to
hear from anyone about my problem.

Just get a HiFi VCR and use that. It's not worth the effort to use
the video of a normal VCR for high quality audio.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.