robo hippy

I have talked to Jet a couple of times about their motor being on
backwards, and they don't care. When I do a natural edge bowl, I make a
flat spot on top (forstner bit and depth stop on the drill press) and
then put a face plate on. The motor is in the way, unless the bowl is
small. As long as nothing extends over the faceplate, you can turn as
big as the lathe can handle. The intake of the motor will pull in dust
while turning, not just while sanding. Other than that, it is a good
lathe.
robo hippy

ebd wrote:
You must be thinking of the 16" Jet. The 3K is an order of magnitude
better than either 14". Machining & engineering. Weight alone isn't
everything and any amount can be added. Variable speed is (mostly)
hype. The range on the 3K is more than needed and belt drive doesn't
suffer from low speed torque problems of electronic VS nor the noise
adjustment & cleaning problems of a Reeves drive.