jim rozen

In article .com,
Too_Many_Tools says...

Whether or not a cell phone driver wants to admit it, driving while
using a cell phone is an accident waiting to happen.

It's funny but nobody ever comes down on the *other* side
of this issue. Nobody ever posts, "yeah, I talk on the
phone all the time and it never causes a problem, you guys
are just nuts."

I suspect that even folks who do it, realize the trouble they
are setting themselves up for. Further I bet that even the
folks who do use phones while driving, without causing
crashes, are still infuriated by the 90 percent of the
phone users who really are morons and poor drivers.

My favorite cell phone story was at a very local intersection,
which is a five way crossroads, with a couple of lights there.

Some lady was on the phone, puttering along real slow. She
ran the red light and got herself fetched up crosswised in the
intersection, with her car pointing halfway between the two
roads out.

The amazing part was she had a marked state trooper car
following her the entire way. It was only once she actually
got herself stuck and had to back up and take another shot
at the intersection did he turn on his lights and pull her
over. She was totally clueless and completely immersed in
her phone call.

I wanted to stop and shake the trooper's hand, but my
daughter said she would never have forgiven me for making
a scene like that.

Jim

please reply to: