Tom Miller

If its a vortex tube it should have a cold air outlet as well. very handy if
you want to cool a cutting tool without water,oil or mess.
Tom

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:43:48 GMT, "Cj Wilson"

wrote:

"Ignoramus13229" wrote in message
I bought two military compressed air heaters, and am now doubting
whether I should sell both, or sell one and keep another. What that
thing does is connects to air line and blows hot air out of its
heated nozzle. Size of two shoeboxes.

Kind of cool, but I am not sure what I can do with it that is useful
and practical. Still, it is a small nifty thing and I know from my
experience that I regretted getting rid of things like that in the
past.

Any thoughts? What would be the practical applications of such a
thing?

I have a similar devise. (it is in storage at the moment though)
I bought it from OTC ,if I remember correctly.
It is about the size of a small cordless screwdriver.
I was intended to be used for working on carburetors and thermo circuits

on
automobiles. Checking the chokes etc.... Blew hot on one end and very

Cool
on the other.
Very neato idea, that's for sure. No idea how it works ???

Cj

It'll be a Hilsch Vortex tube.

One explanation is he-
http://www.artxltd.com/vortex/principle.shtml