HaHaHa

From: "George E. Cawthon"

Howie wrote:
We just bought a Kenmore OTR microwave, which can either be vented to the
outside (ceiling or wall) or vented inside (and use a charcoal filter). It
is a new install (no OTR present before)

Which is the better of the two?

1. I hear that with inside venting method, you don't have to worry about
wind blowing and making noise, nor about the hassle of running the vent to
the outside air (either wall or ceiling). Sounds a lot simpler

2. You would think that the outside method would be more effective in
removing smoke and water vapour from cooking. You would also not have to
worry about replacing the charcoal filter.

Comments / tips / suggestions / ideas / advice?

Howie

All countertop microwaves obviously vent to the inside, so
figure it out. Outside venting could reduce operation noise
and would reduce smells, but I wouldn't think the hassel
of setting up for outside venting would be worth it.

The venting is for the stovetop beneath the microwave, not the microwave oven
itself.