Mark Cato

- EggRaid wrote:

Hello,

I bought a house that has a chain link fence only on one side of the back
yard.. I discovered that this is actually my neighbors "former" fence but
they built a wooden fence on their side of it.

Now, there are tons of large weeds that grow between their wooden fence
and the old chain link that can't be accessed. I would like to remove
the chain link fence and just use the back of their wooden fence as the
common separation.

With his permission, of course, what is the best way to remove those
posts? I can cut the chain link off, but the posts seem to be pretty
solid. Should they just be dug up, or cut at the base?

Thoughts? Experiences?

ER

How are the posts installed? If their set in concrete and in very close
proximity to the new fence, removal would be difficult. Another factor is
the clearance between the cement base and the bottom of the fence. Your
neighbor may be able to provide details on the depth of the pour, etc if he
did the job himself (or watched the process).

The easiest solution would be to cut the posts as low as possible and bury
them. As others have suggested, an angle grinder or Sawz-All should make
short work of the posts without damaging the neighbor's new fence.

mark
Mark Cato