POP_Server=pop.clara.net

"David" wrote

: Each year, my nomination remains constant; a DeWALT 3-1/4" hand plane.
: About the only use it's seen is to knock down protruding edges of studs
: when I'm framing a wall with less than perfectly straight studs. I'm
: unable to find a use for it in cabinet or furniture making.

A fairly recent issue of Fine Woodworking showed its use in rough-preparing
a large sawn hardwood board.

The author did the obvious. He reshaped the cutters to a slightly convex
profie as one should do with a hand plane.

I'm at a loss to understand why the manufacturers don't offer this option -
they must have considered it.

Jeff G

--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK