mp

That used to be the way it worked but it's not anymore. I remember the
days
when the package had to stipulate "no signature required", but now
everything I receive just gets dropped on the porch.

I once had UPS deliver a $5k shipment of server ram. I got into my car and
was about to drive a away when a neighbour saw me and pointed to my front
tire. Thinking I had a flat, I got out to look. There was the box of ram,
right under my front tire. The vendor's shipping policy with UPS is
signature required for every shipment. I was home at the time, and the UPS
driver didn't even bother to knock on the door. But he was considerate
enough to hide the shipment where it wouldn't readily be seen by passers by.