George Geddes

quititnow wrote:
Just upgraded to a Delta Cabinet saw. I have a 10 year old contractor saw,
Biesemeyer fence and Delta Sliding Table attachment. Trying to figure out
what it is worth so I can post it on the board at work.

Thanks

Chris

I'm no expert but I do buy good used equipment over new and I figure
price as follows. I start with about half the price same item new
(todays cost). I will add in extras but only at about a third of
replacement value because they in fact, extras. In your case your fence
to me would be figured at half because a table saw without a fence is
not any good to me. but the sliding table is an extra. These, coupled
with the equipments condition, are the guide lines I use to determine
how much I;m willing to pay to obtain an item. They are also the
guidence for setting a price of something I'm selling.

Note: A lot of people forget the reason thay are selling something is
they no longer need it and it is in way. (No shop ever has enough
workspace or clamps). I will set a price that allows for bargining room
because some people just have to feel they got to get "a better deal".

I hope this helps you get a quick sale at a fair price. The about does
not apply to yard sales. George