quititnow

Default any idea what a Delta Contractor Saw is worth?

Just upgraded to a Delta Cabinet saw. I have a 10 year old contractor saw,
Biesemeyer fence and Delta Sliding Table attachment. Trying to figure out
what it is worth so I can post it on the board at work.

Thanks

Chris

George Geddes

quititnow wrote:
Just upgraded to a Delta Cabinet saw. I have a 10 year old contractor saw,
Biesemeyer fence and Delta Sliding Table attachment. Trying to figure out
what it is worth so I can post it on the board at work.

Thanks

Chris

I'm no expert but I do buy good used equipment over new and I figure
price as follows. I start with about half the price same item new
(todays cost). I will add in extras but only at about a third of
replacement value because they in fact, extras. In your case your fence
to me would be figured at half because a table saw without a fence is
not any good to me. but the sliding table is an extra. These, coupled
with the equipments condition, are the guide lines I use to determine
how much I;m willing to pay to obtain an item. They are also the
guidence for setting a price of something I'm selling.

Note: A lot of people forget the reason thay are selling something is
they no longer need it and it is in way. (No shop ever has enough
workspace or clamps). I will set a price that allows for bargining room
because some people just have to feel they got to get "a better deal".

I hope this helps you get a quick sale at a fair price. The about does
not apply to yard sales. George
bob

Three years ago I sold a 25 year old Craftsman 10" TS with the crappy fence
it came with, two steel wings, one with a router insert, a 4" Craftsman
jointer that bolts to the side of the TS legs, and a real POS 1/4" Craftsman
router. $250 for the works. The buyer never flinched.

"quititnow" wrote in message
m...
Just upgraded to a Delta Cabinet saw. I have a 10 year old contractor saw,
Biesemeyer fence and Delta Sliding Table attachment. Trying to figure out
what it is worth so I can post it on the board at work.

Thanks

Chris

Greg O

"quititnow" wrote in message
m...
Just upgraded to a Delta Cabinet saw. I have a 10 year old contractor saw,
Biesemeyer fence and Delta Sliding Table attachment. Trying to figure out
what it is worth so I can post it on the board at work.

Thanks

Chris

In good shape, 1/2 - 3/4 new price.
I bought a Delta CS five years ago for $650. It sells for around $950 now. I
has got to be worth more than what I paid for it.
Greg

Patriarch

"bob" wrote in
:

Three years ago I sold a 25 year old Craftsman 10" TS with the crappy
fence it came with, two steel wings, one with a router insert, a 4"
Craftsman jointer that bolts to the side of the TS legs, and a real
POS 1/4" Craftsman router. $250 for the works. The buyer never
flinched.

How do you sleep nights? ;-)

One man's trash, etc...

Patriarch,
who six years ago, bought a 25 yr old craftsman 10" contractors' style
tablesaw, used it once, when it scared the hell out of him, and traded it
out for some roofing work on the shed out back. Paid $200, and was happy
with both transactions...
Bob

Considering that brand name table saws come with 1-2 year warranties,
I'd never consider paying 3/4 price for one that has no warranty, no
matter what condition its in.

Bob

George

"Bob" wrote in message
ps.com...
Considering that brand name table saws come with 1-2 year warranties,
I'd never consider paying 3/4 price for one that has no warranty, no
matter what condition its in.

Bob

Might want to look at the tools with warrantees versus those which have
outserved them. The old ones were not made "good enough," they were made
for a lifetime.

At ten years, not sure where this one fits, but it's definitely not the saw
that my 25-year old, or my son's 40 year old contractors' is. Gave $250 for
his, and considered it a bargain for a saw that sold for $500 new.

Oh, wait just a minute - that was five hundred 1965 dollars....

Mike Reed

George wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
ps.com...
Considering that brand name table saws come with 1-2 year

warranties,
I'd never consider paying 3/4 price for one that has no warranty,

no
matter what condition its in.

Bob

Might want to look at the tools with warrantees versus those which

have
outserved them. The old ones were not made "good enough," they were

made
for a lifetime.

Yeah, the warranties on quality tools will likely be used only for
initial quality issues (warped table or something). You will not find
any workmanship problems in a Delta saw once the initial kinks are
worked out.

Your choice to buy new though. That's an expensive warranty you're
paying for, plus any downtime on warranty work.

I don't plan to buy new stationary tools ever again, regardless of my
budget.

-Mike

Woody

quititnow wrote:
Just upgraded to a Delta Cabinet saw. I have a 10 year old contractor saw,
Biesemeyer fence and Delta Sliding Table attachment. Trying to figure out
what it is worth so I can post it on the board at work.

Thanks

Chris

I bought one 6 years ago w/ the default guard and fence and paid $450
for it. Not sure what the upgraded fence and table would bring (might be
easier to sell the sliding table separately) but I'd think $600 or so.

~Mark.