John

Lenox makes 1/16th bandsaw blades, do a Google Search on "1/16th
BandSaw Lenox" should turn up a source or 2 vbg!!

Most woodworking BIG catalogs and places like Highland Hardware will
make custom blades for just about any bandsaw

And yes, if you force them, they will snap, but with a little care you
should get a goodly amount of use out of them

And lastly, they will cut just as SHARP a turn (approaching a true
90degree) as any jig saw/scroll saw will. And you can usually come at
the corner from 2 directions to get a TRUE 90degree intersection

John

On 11 Jan 2005 14:59:09 -0800, "fletch" wrote:

So with a 1/16th bandsaw blade I can make a 90 degree cut through 4
1/4" of solid wood?
Do I need a special band saw? Where can I get such small blades and
how often do they snap?