Uncle

wrote
Well it did happen (as per both HF and UPS).

My only issue is with the strength of HF customer service not the legal
responsibility of who is at fault (obviously UPS). I am used to online
discounters in other areas (e.g., Amazon, Dell, Newegg) going beyond
strictly legal minimums to help their customers. The question is how
good a customer service experience is HF creating and whether the
deficiencies are worth it given the "discounted" pricing...

Obviously you must already have the tracking #, otherwise UPS couldn't tell
you anything. But, you didn't mention you have the tracking #, if you don't
have it, you are being misinformed. Since the package value was over the
initial $100 insurance provided by UPS on all packages, HF should have
insured it for the value. I can't imagine even HF sending items that had to
have additional insurance, without a signature confirmation/acceptance.
Something just doesn't sound right about your experience.