jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Would this be stiff enough to not need diagnal braces from the posts
to the beams? There will be little if any side loading, except for
the odd wind gust.

I've always been a big fan of triangles. So most of the stuff
I build includes a generous helping of them, as large as possible.

BTW nobody seems to have picked up on your title. I always thought
that was a great series, when they pulled that off the air was
right about the time I realized that the TV management took
itself *real* seriously and did not like somebody spoofing
them - while at the same time the programming was specifically
designed to do exactly what they were talking about in that
show. That's when I decided to eliminate network TV from
the household.

Best of luck on your new project - that's one thing you
just can't have enough of: space!

Jim

please reply to: