Koz

I am in the process of rearranging my shop layout....what shop storage
method do you like the best in your shop. For example....do you have
work benches with storage under it...shelves on the walls, old school
lockers, ect...I am thinking of building work benches with storage
under...and configure the benches with openings for welders, grinders,
bandsaws and other tools with designated storage and use areas. I have
been racking my brain trying to develop the best design, then thought
"why not ask what others like best in their shops..."

Thanks

I bought the entire display shelving contents from a radio shack in a
mall they were tearing down for $ 20 bucks. It added up to about 100
feet of slot wall panels on very heavy free standing chromed brackets
(had to leave another 100 feet behind because there was so much).
So..at home and in the shop I have about 50 feet each of 8' slot wall
with a shelf at the foot and a large shelf at the 8' level. Works great
to hang all the hand tools and such.

The slot wall panels are 24" wide with heavy posts between each set.
Posts are punched for shelf brackets. For items that need to sit on a
shelf, I have shelving either 24" wide or 48" wide wherever I choose.

The only thing that gives me trouble is items like pliers. Most of the
slot wall hooks are simple pins to hang things from. Pliers and such
need some sort of better "hanger" which us usually a hole or slot in a
board. Anyone have any ideas or good method of hanging this kind of
thing? Where it doesn't interfere with the tool, I've attached a large
washer to the end of some handles to just hang them from the standard
pegs. however, I don't like having pliers and nippers in the rolling
tool chest so want to find a better solution.

Koz