Rex B

I am in the process of rearranging my shop layout....what shop storage
method do you like the best in your shop. For example....do you have
work benches with storage under it...shelves on the walls, old school
lockers, ect...I am thinking of building work benches with storage
under...and configure the benches with openings for welders, grinders,
bandsaws and other tools with designated storage and use areas. I have
been racking my brain trying to develop the best design, then thought
"why not ask what others like best in their shops..."

Thanks

My shop is 24x40. The back 10' is enclosed as a storage & office.
Desk, steel shelving for parts storage.

Over this is a loft for bulk storage - tires, wood etc. The compressor
will go up there as soon as I figure out how to lift it. I won't store
it outside for security reasons.

This leaves a 24x30 work area

I do two kinds of work, mostly: Car repair/modifications/race prep, and
machine tools restorations and general machining. The right side of
the shop is for the former, the left side the latter.

Mounting everything on casters as possible. So far the only exception is
the tire machine. And the wood stove.

Tools go into those $88 roll around task center toolboxes. The car tools
are different from the machining tools, but there are some duplications

3 or my workbenches are old retail steel counters, with shelves. The
rest are just worktops with open area underneath.

Welders, compressor etc roll under the open workbenches.

I have a lot of pegboard, but most of it is coming down. They just
collect clutter.

I like those cheap "laundry room" wood cabinets for wall storage.
The tops become shelves. The underside is a mount for work lighting

Heavy wooden boxes approx 2'x2' on casters under workbenches for bulk
metal storage.