willshak

On 1/9/2005 10:44 PM US(ET), Howie took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.com...

"Howie" wrote in message

We just bought a Kenmore OTR microwave, which can either be vented to

the

outside (ceiling or wall) or vented inside (and use a charcoal filter).
It
is a new install (no OTR present before)

Which is the better of the two?

1. I hear that with inside venting method, you don't have to worry

about

wind blowing and making noise, nor about the hassle of running the vent

the outside air (either wall or ceiling). Sounds a lot simpler

2. You would think that the outside method would be more effective in
removing smoke and water vapour from cooking. You would also not have

worry about replacing the charcoal filter.

Comments / tips / suggestions / ideas / advice?

You already know the reasons. Now you have to make a decision. Outside

it

always better for eliminating odors, excess heat. Depends on how much is
involved in venting outside.

To run it outside, I'll have to run the venting up into the about cabinet,
then into an inside an interior wall cavity about 24" (can I do this?) to
the ceiling. From there, can I run a flexible vinyl tubing to the roof? I
am about 35" from an exterior wall. Which is best? (roof or wall)...

Howie

The best way to vent it is like you would vent a countertop microwave.
Sure, you will have to live with the popcorn smell for a couple of hours
longer, but you'll save all that unnecessary construction.

--
Bill