Mike Marlow

"Glenna Rose" wrote in message
news:fc.003d094101e08cc33b9aca0017f1236a.1e08cd5@p mug.org...

Yes, absolutely check with UPS. They are not in the habit of leaving
things without a signature unless the package so stipulates.

That used to be the way it worked but it's not anymore. I remember the days
when the package had to stipulate "no signature required", but now
everything I receive just gets dropped on the porch. It's not a problem for
me and we receive a couple of UPS deliveries every week with no real
problems over years of service, but I do know that the old days of them not
leaving a package without a signature are gone. Today the shipper has to
stipulate a required signature.

I suspect it
did not get shipped UPS, if shipped at all. If they did, indeed, ship it,
they (or you) can print a complete tracking of when it was put into UPS's
"hands" and when UPS delivered it.

I've had the tracking system work and I've had it not work. I've never
tracked a lost package (truly lost - never to be seen again), but I have
tracked delayed shipments and as other posters have said, I've found spotty
accuracy in the information that is available to the recipient - either
directly from UPS customer service, or via their web sites.

In over 30 years of dealing with UPS,
I've never had a package lost or mishandled and through my home business
years ago and where I work now, we are talking about thousands of packages
through those years. We ship many, many packages UPS every week. The only
time we have had a problem was with USPS!

Oh man - you gotta try Airborne - or what ever they're called these days.
That's a real treat. Talk about shipments that are guaranteed not to
arrive...
--

-Mike-