Glenna Rose

writes:
These days UPS not only doesn't get a signature, they don't even knock
on the door. Several times I have had packages sit in the rain outside
when I was at home and this includes some packages that specifically
required a signature. After many many problems with them, I avoid UPS
whenever possible.
If you continue to get good service from UPS that's great, but watch out.
PDX David

Wow. That just hasn't been my experience. I've always used UPS because
they are so much more reliable than the post office. Our driver(s) always
knock and get signatures (or leave a tag for later pickup) unless I've
left a note directing them to leave the expected package. Because I've
always had a covered porch, left in the rain hasn't been a problem.

It sounds like my good experiences have not been reflective of those of
others. In your case, you live just a few miles from me (unless that's
Portland, Maine, which likely doesn't have an international airport), just
across the river.

It sounds like more and more, the only way to get good service is to be
there face-to-face and, even then, it's questionable. Such a sad state of
things. :-(

Glenna