Nick Degidio

Thanks. I will check Abq Hardwoods. I'm a newbie in this area, and would
really like to know of reputable sources in the south west. I came from the
east coast and had many choices.

My last purchase was at Paxtons (200 bd/ft ash,) and they did not stock in
the rough. The machining was awful, as I now have spend many hours
sanding/scraping lumber. I like taking the time up front to prepare stock,
and have invested in a large jointer an planer to do the job.

Again thanks for any info about woodworking in the area.

-nick

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
I agree, Abq. Hardwoods gets my nod as well and yes, the AWWA discount is
great.
Pays for itself in no time. OrePac is nice only for the fact that they
carry a lot of different
varieties. But you are right, pretty pricey although their prices

actually
came down
when OrePac bought them.
Cheers,
cc

"Bruce" wrote in message

Oh yeah. If you join Abq woodworkers assn. you get a good discount

(10%?)
which at $30 is worth it.

-Bruce

Abq hardwoods is my current fav. they have the standard stuff like red
and
white oak, cherry, maple, walnut, etc. and plywoods. Prices are fair.
good
prices on the 1/2" russian birch ply, $18 5x5 sheet.

-Bruce