Bruce

Call me a packrat, but I still have that book

Building Speaker Systems
Speakers for Your Listening Pleasure
Radio Shack 62-1087
By: Gordon McComb
1988
Developed and Published by Master Publishing, Inc.
(Richardson, Texas).

Grant P. Beagles wrote:

I built my first set of speakers in the 70s. Radio Shack had a book on
building speaker enclosures. The book described several types of cabinets
and had the equations necessary to match the cabinet to the speakers. I
don't know if the book is still available.

Grant

Robatoy wrote:

I was surprised (pleasantly) to see so many wreckers participate in the
Monster Cable thread. I have always had an interest in building
loudspeaker cabinets.
I have used drivers made by KEF, Audax, Dynaudio, JBL woofers and have
built a variety of electrostatic speakers.
So here's my request:
Who, in this group, has built their own speaker cabinets and how did
they turn out? I would like to hear from you.
I think it is a fascinating hobby, but the audiophile type newsgroups
are too fringe for my liking. Has anybody ever built transmssion line
cabinets?

Rob

to e-mail me, remove BULL from my addy.

BTW, my company, Topworks, was spawned from experiments I was doing with
materials for speaker boxes. Granite makes for nice speakers, so does
solid surface.