Colin

I'm about to take over about a third of an acre of what's meant to be
wooded paddock, but is largely overrun at ground level by brambles.
The
previous owner has managed to return some of it to grass, but has

really
only, er, scratched the surface of the problem.

(ii) use of glyphosate at between 10 and 100 times recommended strength
sprayed on to newly sprouting stuff.

I tried Glysophate but had no luck. (Admittedly, not in these dilutions.)
The solution I found was to fence the area with an electric fence and stick
a couple of borrowed pigs in the area. The ground was 'organically' cleared
and nicely turned-over within a month or so.

Colin