On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:15:47 -0800, "Bob"
wrote:

"Charles A. Sherwood" wrote in message
they found a .50 caliber BAR on a tripod aimed out his living room
window, ready to mow down everyone on the street.

Last time I looked, the 50s were bolt action. Not likely to mow
down.

BAR - Browning Automatic Rifle - doesn't sound like a bolt action to me.
550 rounds per minute.

Nope. But it's not 50 caliber either. It's a 30 caliber light machine
gun. And since it's a fully automatic weapon you need a Class III
permit to own one.

(We won't go into the semi-automatic versions, but they have their own
drawbacks as mower-downers.)

I think the description is wrong.

--RC

http://www.sproe.com/b/bar.html
http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/browning.htm

Bob

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.