On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:48:31 -0800, Tim Wescott
wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:28:24 -0800, Tim Wescott wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Typical bull**** feel-goodism. A criminal pays no attention to the
law, and it only effects those that have no intention of using one
unlawfully in the first place.

they found a .50 caliber BAR on a tripod aimed out his living room
window, ready to mow down everyone on the street.

Did he have a class-3 license, or was this an illegally-owned
machine gun? Or, was it something that looks like a machine gun?

Not that they should be banned, IMHO.

Sad thing is, the press tends to not bother to make or report
on these distinctions.

You've got to understand that the average reporter, especially on a
local newspaper is astoundingly ignorant outside of a few limited
areas. Firearms identification isn't one of them.

A lot of them are also extremely careless about details they consider
'unimportant'.

I don't know -- but he was defending his dope plants from the "new world
order", if that can be considered a mitigating circumstance .

Are we sure it wasn't his speed lab? That would be more consistent.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.