John Rumm

dmc wrote:

Hijacking the the thread somewhat here....

We are in the market for a new bed in the next couple of months - thought
we had decided on a half decent pocket sprung mattress but looking around
this latex foam seems to be the thing at the moment. Is it that good then?
Testing it in the shops it feels "odd" to me

Personally I prefer latex, but if you are used to a sprung mattress then
it will feel "dead" since there is no real bounce to it.

Opinions? We are looking for king size bed and mattress for something like
6-9 hundred quid...

Latex has many advantages, placed on an open based(i.e. slats for
example) it will breathe better and allow moisture through (given that
we sweat something like a pint a night, that can add up!) No squeeks, or
boings in the night from springs either. Less roll together.

(I find you get a feeling of being able to sink into it more than being
"perched on top" like with a sprung one).

--
Cheers,

John.