Andy Dingley

On 10 Jan 2005 22:39:12 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

Funny you should say that. I'm after some foam, but the prices round
here are ruinous (or perhaps they're not, these days, what with
fireproofing etc.).

Foam isn't cheap. I don't know if it ever was - I thought it used to
be, but every time I've personally bought it I thought it was
surprisingly expensive.

I wanted 6ft by 2ft, 2 inches thick, I guess nothing
special for the actual foam, and was quoted 40 quid. Is that high, low
or just right?

B&M
http://www.bandmlatexupholstery.co.uk
£27 for cheap
£37 for premium or for chipfoam (chipfoam is the entry-level for seat
squabs)
£47 for Reflex (top-end PU foam)
£105 for pincored latex

FFC are £35 for basic PU, £67 for superior PU, £107 for latex
http://www.foamforcomfort.co.uk/ffcm.../superior.html

You can hunt around the mail order suppliers a lot, but IMHE there's
no difference in their core foam pricing. Their shipping varies, their
accessories vary, but any apparent difference in foam price turns out
to be due to an inherent quality variation. Vendor pricing