Art and Diane

No. Mine is not like the current Woodcraft model. When I added the
elbow, I was trying to more or less duplicate the elbow concept the new
model uses.
Mine is more like the LV version, but instead of having an opening in
the center, it has 2 on the outer rim. If you can imagine a 2nd opening
that is the mirror image of the outer opening. In effect, it would be
easy to connect the 2 with a short piece of hose inside the can because
they point toward each other. It's like there is so much suction, the
incoming chips flow directly from the inlet into the outlet without
dropping to the bottom of the can.

Art

Derek Andrews wrote:

Art and Diane wrote:

The lid appears to be symetrical, so I don't think that's the
problem I also added an elbow on the inside of the inlet to try to
break up the cyclonic action, but the results are the same.

Is this the one?
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=4310

What I have is this:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page=30282
The hoses come in at an angle and don't have the elbow like the
woodcraft.

I would think that the last thing you want to do is break up the
cyclonic action. My guess is that the Woodcraft model doesn't create
such an efficient cyclone by virtue of the elbow, symmetric
positioning of the ports and angle at which the hoses enter.