Ed Murray Ed Murray is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lem Bledsoe
For the extra money for the Jet you get a heavier lathe, drive
center/live center than line up properly, a quite vibration free lathe
plus a much better/heavier stand. The Delta 1440 I owned had none of the
above attributes. I unloaded it for half what I paid.

You won't be sorry if you buy the Jet 1442.

LB

Thank you LB for the reply. I guess it just seems that Delta would make the necessary improvements to take care of some of these problems. Some people seem to be quite satisfied with the Delta and others are not. I still do not care for the motor placement with the Jet. Also, I am going to have to mobilize whatever lathe I get. So the stand may not make that much difference since it won't stay put.

Ed