Wild Bill

From various pictures that I've seen of these units, I'd think they could be
handy to have around.. somewhat like a flameless torch. You didn't say
whether you have the handpieces (handheld part).
I've noticed that some were used with nitrogen instead of air, although I
don't know what specific purpose they were used for.

I suppose they would be great for setting shrink tubing and working
different types of plastics.
Plastic welding units have a low air output, more like a whisper of air, not
a harsh stream like a blowgun for cleaning.
The heat range might be suitable for no-contact desoldering of small to
medium sized connections, or possibly larger junctions. I don't think these
units would be suitable for a heavy duty application like plumbing
connections.

Hot air can also be used for curing certain mixtures. Also handy for
releasing some types of adhesives.

WB

"Ignoramus13229" wrote in message
I bought two military compressed air heaters, and am now doubting
whether I should sell both, or sell one and keep another. What that
thing does is connects to air line and blows hot air out of its
heated nozzle. Size of two shoeboxes.

Kind of cool, but I am not sure what I can do with it that is useful
and practical. Still, it is a small nifty thing and I know from my
experience that I regretted getting rid of things like that in the
past.

Any thoughts? What would be the practical applications of such a
thing?