Jeff Wisnia

I am going to make aan antenna for my 2 meter radio. WOuld painting it
interfere with it's performance?

As long as you don't use a conductive paint over insulated portions I
don't see any reason why it should affect it except in a positive
sense...if it's outdoors, it'll forstall corrosion of the metal parts.

I just noticed GM is back to putting the car radio antennas in the
windows again. SWMBO's latest "new to her" '03 Buick has the antenna in
the back window, IIRC they were part of the windshield a while back.
Haven't studied it to see if they got dual usage out of the defroster
heater elements by making the antenna out of that, but rest assured my
curious mind will have me doing that before long.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)