Default Mattress fault: 4 weeks to replacement!

[Slightly OT: we need a uk.home-furnishings news group!]

Just moved into a new house. On Saturday, I took delivery of a new
divan bed + mattress from one of the big UK suppliers.

On unpacking the bed,I found a spring sticking out of a corner of the
mattress fabric. I had to tape this area over for safety reasons. As
the spring did not stick out of the sleeping area, I was able to sleep
on the bed at the weekend.

This morning, Monday, I contacted the suppliers and asked for a
replacement. They were happy to do this but quoted a lead time of 4
weeks until delivery of a replacement mattress.

I was unhappy with this -- 4 weeks with a faulty and potentially
dangerous product.

The bed suppliers were unable to either speed up the led time or offer
me any price reduction for inconvenience caused whilst I wait 4 weeks
for a replacement mattress.

The bed suppliers have got my money up front (debit card). I feel my
only option is to cancel the order ASAP. Unfortunately that will leave
me sleeping on the sofa...

Any ideas?

Bruce