Pat Barber

You end up needing "several" guns...

(a) Finishing nailers are usually 15 guage(baseboard,molding,etc)
shoot big nails, leave big holes.

(b) brad nailers are usually 18 guage and only shoot "short" nails
like 1.25" brads... Best used for trim molding

(c) narrow crown stapler is needed for putting on 1/4" backs

(d) 16 Guage guns shoot longer & bigger nails and are often
needed for face frames, etc, etc.

Keith wrote:

Does anyone have some suggestion on what type of finishing/brad nailer you use
the most. I have a Paslode framing nailer I used in building my wood shop but
need some suggestions on what size and type finishing nailer most people use to
build small projects.
I have been looking at some 18-gauge nailers but wondered if that is going to be
to small a gauge. I have a small compressor so I can go either air or cordless.