Ken Grunke

Anonymous wrote:
How can I extend (not shorten) the set time for CA? I am using it to
repair cracks in cross-sawn cherry and to stabilize the un-cracked
portions as well.

It occurs to me that if I could get it to stay liquid longer, I'd get
better penetration and that could be (as my friend Martha used to
say) "a good thing".

Bill

To get better penetration, use a thinner CA--they come in different
consistencies.

You should read what Russ Fairfield has to say about CA:

http://www.woodcentral.com./russ/russ6.shtml

I've decided that CA is not a good thing to use for projects I place any
value on and want to last a long time without falling apart.

Ken Grunke

--
take da "ma" offa dot com fer eemayl