George

"Dan Klima" wrote in message
news:rqnEd.47684$F25.21174@okepread07...
Hello all!

I obtained a couple of nice maple burl pieces a while back that were
"dunked" in Anchorseal. Its really thick all over. There are pieces that

would like to keep the natural edge on, but I'm not sure how best to

remove
the Anchorseal from that part of the burl without damaging it. Are there
any solvents that could be used or am I destined to trying to pick it out
with dental tools?

Non-polar solvents like naphtha/mineral spirits will dissolve it, though
where it's thick, you might be required to do a bit of stiff brushing to
help it into solution. I'd turn it first then soak in solvent to make sure
what I spent carried away the most important wax.