Richard wrote:
I would like to replace the intermediate switch in the lighting circuit
in my attic study. At present it's an ordinary box mounted-on-the-wall
unit inconveniently mounted out of reach. What I want is a cord
operated pull switch mounted in the ceiling. I have never seen one of
these in any wiring catalogues. Does anyone supply them?

If not has some enterprising soul worked out a circuit that will mimic
the operation of an intermediate switch, perhaps with suitable relays,
that can be controlled with an ordinary pull switch?

The alternative is to rewire so that the pull switch is (electrically)
at the end and one of the other two switches is the intermediate
switch. The the pull switch need only be a two-way switch.

--
Chris Green