Terry

"Malcolm Race" wrote in message
r.p.mcmurphy wrote:
hey up! have a very busy household and am getting through toilet seats
quiet regularly. they all seem to be quiet loose fitting and plasticy.
have spent 30 quid on supposedly heavy use ones, but even they come

loose
eventually! anyone know where i can get heavy duty ones?

ta

Steve

If the problem is the plastic hinge housing breaking because the plastic
bolt has stretched and come loose, get an M4 coach bolt to use instead -
put a bath tap washer and a penny washer (in that order) between the
bowl and the nut to avoid cracking the bowl. You may have to file flats
on the head of the coach bolt to make it fit in the hinge. I used this
system on toilets in a charity shop (with heavyweight assistants)an it
lasted for 3 years before the hinge broke. It does rist solid quite
quicklt so the only way of removing the seat is to break the hinge!

Malcolm

Per the above; instead of galv. or black metal coach bolts use stainless.
That's what we use for example to fasten our toilet to the floor because the
toilet pipe flange is damaged and they remain usable for years.