The Natural Philosopher

Andy Dingley wrote:

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 13:33:03 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

(ii) use of glyphosate at between 10 and 100 times recommended strength
sprayed on to newly sprouting stuff.

You don't understand how glyphosate works do you ? Why increase the
strength so massively ?

Because experience shows that brambles sparyed with 'garden DIY'
strength just poke two fingers at you, brambles sprayed with x10 mostly
die back but the roots don't die, and brambles sprayed with greater
concentrations die back and don't sucker.

I have no idea how it works, but having used it for years now, I know
that heavier concentratins kill brushwwood better.

On grass and weeds its a different matter. They die at the merest touch.