BigWallop

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 22:19:28 GMT, "BigWallop"
strung together this:

The only thing about using a relay, is that the solenoid coil in the relay

would
have to stay on in one position, when switched. If left for a long period,

the
coil may create enough heat to either the enamel on the coil and blow fuses,

or
to cause a fire in surrounding materials when the relay housing melts. I
personally don't think a relay is the way to go, unless you can source one

that
is designed to be left energised for long, long periods of time.

That's something I did briefly think about. You could use one of those
electronic relay alternative kits with no moving parts instead.

Now that's a better idea. A bit more money, but actual working needs would suit
them. I never thought of one of those. Web search mode engaged. :-)